Friday, February 12, 2010

The Photograph

I think it’s time to display the original photo from which I’m working. You may notice that I’ve altered the composition just a bit—the perspective and placement. One of the advantages of painting, as opposed to shooting a photograph, is that I’m not confined to any particular angle and don’t have to worry about showing up in reflected glass.

By the time I’m done, all the shingles will receive the same attention as the shakes at the top.

Thanks again to photographer Doug Wood for allowing me to place his copyrighted image on my blog!

2 comments:

  1. Lookin' good, I can't believe how fast you do this. Over my left shoulder, the 'Poke says "it's awesome and he'd like to buy one of your paintings." So, um, how many cows would that cost? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm--I guess it depends on how big and pretty the cow is, Deb.

    Actually, I've never sold any of my originals--wouldn't even know how much to charge...I do sell prints on my Website, which is where this one will end up if I can remember how to update the darn thing...

    ReplyDelete

You don't have to comment, but I won't stop you...