Friday, January 28, 2011

Finally, A New Project

...yes, it's true, I'm undertaking another watercolor, but this is no ordinary painting; it may quite likely be the painting that drives me to the brink of insanity! (Yes I know that's not a far drive from where I'm at.)

I know it's probably hard to tell what it will look like from all those teensey-weensey lines, but if you've been to my Website, it may look familiar. It is, in fact, a variation on a theme I worked up several years ago, and I can tell you that it tested my wits even then (back when I had a few more wits about me). I posted something about that a long while ago, and even now I can't believe I'm considering this project (okay, I'm more than considering it, 'cause I've done the drawing and posted it).

I can't gaurantee that this will be a happy ride for observers, but I'm going to try hard not to whine about it. I can't promise I will finish it in a timely manner, but I may post more stages, just to provide evidence that I'm still working on it...

The finished painting will be 8 x 10 inches, and in case you're wondering, it is titled Eggs, Linen & Glass.

6 comments:

  1. The things you like to paint are the same things I like to write about. I hope you are happy with the final results of this painting because I can already imagine it and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Liza, I imagine we do have similar tastes in in such things. I'm excited (and intimidated) by the prospect of this project. Even while I transferred the drawing to the watercolor paper, I was wondering what I'm getting myself into...
    Thanks so much for your vote of confidence--it really does help :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I'm so happy you're working on a new piece. It's always so much fun to watch your progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a bit overdue, Michelle, and should be a good way to keep myself occupied creatively for a few weeks. Even I like to watch my progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. After a little hiatus from painting you suddenly set up a challenging project, rather than something simple to get back into the groove. My psychoanalytical muse tells me that the painting devil is anxious to get out.

    I do want to point out that there is a lot of itsy bitsy things in there which will, I presume, require much patience and an itsy bitsy brush. And isn't linen white? Maybe that part doesn't have to be painted at all...just sort of leave it, uh...white.

    I'm happy that you are working again, and I hope that you have fun with this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jerry, Jerry, my dear Jerry...Just because it's linen does not meant it's necessarily white! It is in fact more flaxen colored than white. And even if it were, the back lighting would dictate may subtle shadows in every strand...

    ...which only goes to prove that I'm JPN. I hope to at least amuse you thruogh the process.

    ReplyDelete

You don't have to comment, but I won't stop you...