Friday, February 26, 2010

Making Plans

I made the final decision on my next project. I’m trying to stay enthused about my novel, Story for a Shipwright, and yet realistic at the same time. Therefore, I thought I’d try, not only something completely different from what I’ve done in the past, but something that might have possibilities as a cover for the novel in case I resort to self-publishing.
Either way, it’s a gorgeous image that feels like the world of shipwright Sam Wesley. I especially love the atmosphere…if you’re interested in a preview, visit photographer Doug Wood’s Website, or here, for a glimpse. I plan to make a few minor revisions, and I’ll be translating it into a 10”x 15” image, something I can easily work with in the end...if I don't drive myself nuts with it before it's done!

Meanwhile, here’s my little painting hovel…As you can see, I've still got some framing to do, too...

4 comments:

  1. my words would be leaves in the wind to say "don't push yourself". :) you will do just right. consider this my order for the first volume. My Visa Number is...uhhhmmmm maybe I will wait with that,,,:) ps.. great workspace, I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, Glenn, I'm so appreciative of your words of wisdom, and your encouragement...it really does make a difference to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, it actually does make a difference, having a pleasant environment to work in. I think I’ll spend my afternoon there!

    ReplyDelete

You don't have to comment, but I won't stop you...