Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A New Project

Well, I figure that I better get going on another painting before I slip back into a slump! I started this one before my last trip to New Hampshire, and now it’s time to get caught up.(For an update on what I've been doing since April, scoot on over to my writing blog.)

This is, of course, the preliminary drawing, and if you’re curious about what I’m working from, skip on over to Michelle Davidson Argyle’s author site and have a peek. I didn’t intend for it to coincide with her giveaway, but I think this will work out rather nicely (since I am mentioning her giveaway, I get entered into the drawing, including and opportunity to recieve a free copy of her new novella Cinders).
  
Anyway, I might try out a variation on my style with this one—I suppose it depends on how detailed I want to get on the trees in the background. I already know I won’t be able to help myself when it comes to the grass…

2 comments:

  1. You have no idea how much this excites me! It looks gorgeous already, really. :)

    And I'm so glad you're back! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always makes me nervous when I post a new project--if I botch it, everyone gets to watch, lol...
    Either way, it will be fun to paint. I'll post the 'wash' tomorrow. And, I'm really glad that it goes along with your exciting giveaway!

    ...It's good to be back...

    ReplyDelete

You don't have to comment, but I won't stop you...