Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Obeying The Urge

When I woke up this morning, I had no intention of starting another painting today, but as I stripped sheets, I got an urge to look for a particular photo that I thought I might like to work on. I never got as far as locating that picture because I came across a file containing one of my favorite subjects. Maybe it’s because I can feel spring coming or something simply struck me at the right moment, but I thought I’d better follow through before the urge abandons me.

So, here are the beginnings of another portrait. No paint yet, but I will tell you there’s a lot of green grass and masses of strawberry blond hair. I had forgotten what an amazing model she is…
Admittedly, the pose is a little unconventional for a portrait, but I guess that’s what I like about it. I also like the idea of lying in cool grass, daydreaming after reading a good book…

6 comments:

  1. I find that I have to act fast when a creative urge hits me, too. If I don't, it might pass and not come back. And once it goes, it is gone. Sort of like my feelings about housecleaning. When that urge kicks in I gotta act quick...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Robin--you're definitely quick! I barely had this posted--and there you are with a comment! Thanks.
    ..Now, to go and get some paint on it between folding loads of laundry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing drawing, it reminds me of Klimt and Wyeth at the same time. I'm looking forward to seeing the colors bring it to life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon, Good observation...
    ...I think it looks more Klimt right now, but will porgress toward Wyeth as I progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how come I missed this post earlier in the day,, lol? I like these "staged" posts...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Because, Glenn, I must have got busy after you checked in this morning!

    ReplyDelete

You don't have to comment, but I won't stop you...